Monday, November 29, 2010

Blog # ??? The Thanksgiving Thang! I forgot what number we're up to


Rodrigo Capurro
English 103
Professor McCormick
1 Dec 2010
            What am I thankful for, what am I thankful for? As I sat at the dinner table about to enjoy this year’s Thanksgiving feast, not only did I think about what I’m grateful for but what I tend to take advantage of.  I know for a fact that my family will probably eat a good amount of the food and will have leftovers for days.  But I wonder if other families do the same thing.  Do they throw out the rest of the food or do they keep it or feed it to their animals?  What if they donated it?  It would almost seem like a waste because Thanksgiving is the biggest volunteer and “giving food to charity” day in the whole year.  Would that contribution even help the homeless people considering they literally cannot eat anymore?  They can’t store leftovers and shelters do not have the capacity to store all that food, canned or otherwise.  The point of this rant is more like a message to everyone, don’t take for granted the little things you have and be extremely thankful for all of them.
            I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families and if you worked earlier that day, enjoy the time and a half/double time.

No comments:

Post a Comment